"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 1 Check-in

So, I think my starting weight was off when I first reported it. When I weighed myself again, I was at 178 and then again it was at 180, so I just went with the average of 179 instead of the original 177 I thought I was at. At any rate, I've seen some progress this week as I'm now down to 176 so depending on which starting weight you use, I've lost either 1 pound or 3 pounds so far. I'm very proud of the progress I'm making...even if it is just baby steps. :)

I've been watching my portions and I've noticed that my will power is getting better. It's funny how quickly your mindset changes when you start noticing results. It's so much easier to pass up foods I normally wouldn't because I know they'd send me into a backslide. It's still hard, but it's steadily getting easier. Plus, I'm getting better at measuring out my portions and watching my foods. The nice thing is that I'm still able to eat a lot of the things I like. I even had a corn dog the other day and it was only 270 calories! That might seem like a lot, but that corn dog along with a couple potato wedges completely filled me up and was just around 400 calories. I stayed firmly within my 4 goals for the day too. :)

As far as exercise goes, I've been walking about 1.5 miles a day the past week ( I did it 3 times) and now I want to start walking a little faster to get up to 2 miles a day and do that Monday-Friday for a total of 10 miles a week. I'm also doing Zumba twice a week. Once during the weekdays and then on Sundays with my mom (we've made a weekly Zumba date) so that we can do our cardio together. I've also decided that I want to participate in a challenge every month or create one for myself. So for February I am going to do the "Century Club Challenge" that my friend and acquaintance, Diandra, did back in December. It seems like a really good idea and it would fit easily into my daily routine. So, starting January 30th (since I want to do it for a total of 30 days instead of 28), I'll be doing 100 each of pushups, situps/crunches, and squats a day. I suck at doing pushups so that will definitely be my biggest challenge out of the three. I have virtually no upper body strength whatsoever... it's absolutely pitiful. :(

So, week one is down and I'm excited to see what week two has in store! I'm so sore from the first week but it's well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment