"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year

2009 was an interesting year to say the least... Jaxson's birth by far trumps anything bad that happened, but that's not to say that 2009 wasn't without it's hiccups. We were definitely tested and tried (but also blessed) last year, and my hope is that 2010 will be a good year to us. It didn't get off to a good start due to some issues with my mother-in-law and ringing in the New Year wasn't as flawless as I had planned but I was also reminded that when one door is closed, another one opens. God has provided for us again despite my stress and doubting.

Without going into major detail and airing too much dirty laundry, we had to find new daycare on the spot for Jaxson. My mother-in-law quit on us with no notice and Aaron and I don't have the funds to put him in daycare at least until next month and that's still up in the air, but luckily we have more time to plan for that. Aaron and I sat down and came up with a plan and looked at our finances, so we should be able to get something in the works. It will mean that I am essentially working to put our kids in daycare, but for the time being it's more beneficial for me to work because I get a huge discount on health insurance. We'd be paying out more money for health insurance if I quit my job because I get it at a fraction of the cost that Aaron would pay. Plus, since he doesn't have a full-time permanent job, we'd really be up a creek if I did. Lucky for us, my aunt (who is unemployed right now) said she would watch Jax for the month of January at least. Then on top of all of this my mother-in-law and I are not on speaking terms right now. It's something that can be mended, but I feel she needs to apologize first before I am willing to put it in the past. I'm a forgiving person, and I do forgive her, but I also think she needs to apologize so she realizes that what she did isn't okay (and there's more to the story than the daycare thing). Forgiving doesn't equal forgetting and I don't forget things (well, okay some things I do...).

Anyway, enough drama. :) Despite the little hiccup over the New Year holiday, I'm very much looking forward to 2010. I'm expecting that it will be another crazy year with many ups and downs, but I'm hopeful and I know that if Aaron and I stay diligent we can make our personal goals and have a really good year. We will make the best of what is given to us with the grace of God.

Oh, and this is totally a side tangent, but I'm SOOOO excited that "The Bachelor" starts tonight!! I never thought I'd be a sucker for reality TV, but deep down I like all that dramatic romance crap. It livens up my Mondays! :)

Welcome to the 2010 version of the crazy adventures of the Andresens!

No comments:

Post a Comment