"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, January 25, 2010

Progress

Not much to say since not much has happened in the last week or so, but I figured I'd just give a quick update. I'm working from home most of this week since we don't have adequate daycare for Jaxson this week. My aunt watched him until this past Friday and then Aaron's contract job is up on Wednesday so he'll be home with him until he gets a new contract job or a permanent position. We still haven't heard anything regarding the Microsoft job, but he does have a job interview on Thursday for a project manager job and we just got word that there's another company who wants to do a phone interview with him tomorrow or Wednesday. So there are some prospects which is a good sign. :) We are just taking it a day at a time and reminding ourselves that we have much to be grateful and thankful for.

Also, I'm down another 3 pounds this week to 173. I didn't get as much exercise this week as I'd hoped but I'm doing well on the portion control and watching the foods I eat. I also attended a Weight Watchers meeting at work last Thursday and I'm still deciding if I want to join the new session that starts mid February. It seems like a good idea for support but it's a lot of money and I don't know if I need Weight Watchers to help me meet my goals. Either way, I'm very happy with the progress I'm making and can't wait to see what next week's check-in looks like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment