"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Catching up...

I always try to post more often, but it seems I can never manage to post more than once a week... or at least lately. I've been so busy at work and, despite me thinking that it was actually going to die down, it seems that it is at least going to keep me busy through October. I can't complain at having a job and at least the high influx of work means that they have a need to keep me around. :)

Speaking of JOBS... we got the best news ever on Monday night! After almost 7 months of unemployment, AARON GOT A JOB!! He had an interview with a placement agency called Ciber Corporation and they sent him to an interview for a project manager position with the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. He met with reps at SCCA last Friday and they offered him the job Monday. It's only a temp position right now and he'll be there through February, but they did say that there's a possibility of a permanent position towards the end of his contract. I'm really hoping they extend that opportunity to him. He'll be bringing in good money (yay, just in time for birthdays and holidays!) and it's doing something he wants to do AND is good at. His first day is Wednesday, September 30th. Congrats to Aaron and praise be to God, the Almighty!! Without his love and guidance we'd be lost. Our prayers were answered as he continues to provide for our family.

Let's see...what else? Oh! We had a fundraiser at my work last Friday called "Pie in the Face". We had the 3 Vice Presidents and a plethora of Senior Management volunteer their faces to our worthy cause for the American Heart Association. Associates could pay $5, $10, or $20 for a pie of Cool Whip to throw/smash in a volunteer's face depending on the distance away. I'm happy to say that we raised over $2000 to go to the AHA for the Heart Walk that's taking place on Saturday, October 3rd. I'm a co-captain on the "Heart Matters" team this year and I've absolutely loved every minute of it. Plus, putting 3 pies loaded with Cool Whip in my boss' face was well worth it too... :) I'll be walking this year in memory of my grandpa, Royce Farley, who died from heart failure on November 24, 2003 and in memory of my uncle, Steve Farley, who passed January 5, 2006 from a heart attack at age 43. If you are in the Seattle area, please come down to Qwest Field next Saturday and walk (for free!) for a great cause. Dogs and children are welcome to walk with you. :)

And now to leave you with some pictures of my favorite little boys ever!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment