"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Random Thoughts...

It's my first day back to work after a much needed extended holiday weekend. I took Thursday off and my work had a mandatory business closure day on Friday. It was so nice to just relax at home with Aaron and the boys! Too bad every weekend can't be like that!

Jaxson finally rolled over as of Friday!! He's rolled over before, but I think since it was so sporadic that it was more of an accident than anything else. But now he's doing it on purpose (and boy, he is really on a roll...ha! Get it?) and constantly. He's also trying to sit up. Anytime we lay him down flat or even on an angle for that matter, he is always lifting his head and trying to sit himself up. He can't quite do it unassisted otherwise it looks like a pathetic forward slump, but he's trying! The solid foods aren't working right now either. I still plan to make his baby food once he decides to eat it, but he's still not quite interested. At least not enough, and he doesn't keep much of the food in his mouth. He's still a very happy, content baby...but he knows what he wants and is impatient to get it (must get that from me...). Oh, and he loves to bounce in his Jumperoo. Now I know what his Auntie Samantha means about the Jumperoo inducing massive explosive poopy diapers. I experienced that TWICE yesterday! He's still not wanting to nurse. I've been pumping twice a day and feeding him at naps and bedtime, but it's still not working as I'd hoped. I go to see a naturopathic doctor on the 25th, so I'm hoping she's got some good tips for me.

Jayden is officially 21 months old today! I cannot believe that he's only 3 months away from being 2! He's definitely all boy and very very busy! I find myself losing my patience with him a lot lately (which I need to work on). Doesn't help that he's going through the "terrible twos" which comes complete with hitting, kicking, throwing food, biting his baby brother, screaming, and saying "No!" and "Mine!" constantly. Oh, but I do love him...and he's a HAM! Jaxson thinks so too. He babbles incessantly to Jaxson and then they both crack up laughing in each other's faces. :) It is going to be such a treat to watch the bond between the two of them grow as they get older. He's not only in love with basketball, but now he's addicted to cars and "Thomas and Friends"...or at least the sing-along songs. He could care less about the actual movies/stories, but when the music comes on he's out in the middle of our new living room (we rearranged since my mom gave us her fabulous couches!) dancing and bouncing away! He absolutely loves "Hat" (Sir Topham Hatt), "Teetu" (Toby the Tram) and "Hee-Hee" (Harold the Helicopter).

Aaron had his checkup from the biopsy on his lymph node on Thursday and the final verdict is... he doesn't have cancer! I was pretty positive about it from the start, but I'm glad that we now know for sure that he's okay. Thank goodness for that! I joked that he had to keep up his end of the deal now...so it looks like we will still add 2 kids to our family. Not anytime soon though. I definitely have the "baby bug" or "baby itch"...whatever they call it anyway, but my stress level needs to diminish a bit first before I can handle another young child. Our plan is to try in a little over a year (starting in December 2010) for baby #3. We want the boys to be a little more independent and we want to pay off as much of our debt as possible. Maybe even be on our way to purchasing a house by then. It will be here before I know it so I'll be trying as patiently as I can to wait and just enjoy my boys as much as I can in the process. Not that it's hard... they are the sweetest and most lovable boys ever!

Well, I have to get going. I have a meeting in 5 minutes for one of the fundraisers I'm helping out with for the Heart Walk! Have a great Tuesday! I'm loving the short week already...I thought it was Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment