"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Welcome to September!

It's the beginning of a new month! I'm still so amazed at how quickly 2009 is passing by. It boggles me to think that Jaxson will be 5 months old already on Saturday. Jayden will be turning 2 in just 3 short months! Wow! The concept of time and how fast it flies when you have children is something I'm only just beginning to understand. In one aspect I'm so excited to see my children grow and learn, but there are moments in time where I wish it could just stand still because before I know it, these years of infancy will be nothing but a fading memory only captured by photos taken, some small physical mementos, and the little things held in my mind...my boys will be grown and on their own. Not that that's something I really want to think about now. It's still a long way off, but I know that 15 years from now I'll really be wondering how Jayden and Jaxson grew up so fast.

Anyway, that's not why I actually started to write, but when I thought of how fast this year has gone it just reminded me of the smaller things within the big picture.

Just a little update here... Aaron finally got a representative from Speakeasy to contact him and he has a phone interview set up for tomorrow at 4:00. I'm hoping he has better luck with them than he did with Cobalt and Telekenex. In addition to Aaron news, he had his surgery bumped up to August 29th from September 4th. He's feeling pretty sore right now and is unable to lift anything (including the kids) for the next 10 days. We should know the results of the biopsy at his follow-up appointment on Thursday... hopefully we will have good news. The thought of Aaron having cancer and any treatment associated with it is really scary, and frankly something I don't even really want to ponder. I figure we will cross that bridge if and when we get there.

Aaron and I are also finally getting to go out on a "date" (yes, you can still date your spouse!) on Thursday. My sister and brother-in-law get season tickets to the Seahawks and they are letting us go to a game. It's still preseason, but it's cool nonetheless. I've never watched a Seahawks game in person. I've been to the stadium before, but not for a football game. I'm really excited! My sister is going to watch the boys for us. :)

I've got Thursday and Friday off work (Friday is a mandatory business closure day at my work) and I'm really looking forward to the extended weekend with my family. My grandparents are coming into town on Saturday and they've never seen the boys (well they saw Jayden when he was 3 months old, but that was a year and a half ago!) so I'm excited for them to meet their great-grandsons. :) I'm really happy to see them myself since they live on the other side of the state and I rarely get the chance to see them.

Anyway, that's just an update on how we are doing. Nothing too exciting but pray for Aaron that the results come back negative for cancer/lymphoma AND that his phone interview goes well. Fingers crossed!!

~Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment