"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Say Hello to Owen! (Update Included)

Yesterday I had both a regular check-up with my midwife and an elective, volunteer 3D/4D ultrasound. It was really cool to see Owen again and see how much he's changed within the last month. :) The scan went really well and I got a bunch of videos and pictures of my little guy and I thought I would share them with all of you.

It was difficult at times because, in typical Owen style, he was NOT in the mood to show off. He had his hands and feet in his face quite a bit, in addition to the fact that he apparently likes to nestle himself right up against my uterine wall which doesn't provide many good pictures. We were able to get some pictures though and some fantastic shots of him smiling, grinning, and yawning. We also got to see him blink his eyes and drink amniotic fluid which I thought was pretty neat. It will be interesting to see who he looks like. From the first scan he looked a lot like Jaxson but now that he's packing on some fat, I'm starting to see a lot of Jayden in him too, so maybe he will end up being a fair mix of his two brothers, who are like night and day from each other (Jax takes after my side while Jay takes after Daddy).

So, without further ado, I would like to show off the latest pictures of our son. Say hello to Owen Isaiah Andresen!!

Here are a few pictures of his face...


Grinning and smiling :)

2D profile

Apparently he has some hair (my mom will be happy to hear that!)


I had them check to make sure he was still a boy. Not that I was holding out any hope for it magically changing, but just call me curious. Apparently I wasn't the only one who was curious because when the tech went to scan, her first comment was, "Well, it must be a boy because I cannot see anything. He's grabbing his penis." Ha! A true boy I guess. Not even outside the womb and he's already rocking a Michael Jackson-esque "crotch grab". :) He'll fit right in with both of his brothers who are currently going through a booty obsessed "run-around-the-house-naked-and-grab-my-penis-because-I-think-it's-hilarious" phase. The things you have to look forward to with sons... Anyway, she did get a partial shot of his "turtle" during the millisecond he released his death grip.


In addition to the still photos, here are some various links to the short clips of video we captured.

Swallowing Amniotic Fluid (2D) -- This might be hard to make out, but his mouth is already open at the beginning of the video but you should see him close it towards the end.

They estimated that he's pretty much right on track. I was 30w2d and he was measuring at 30w5d--- which is closer to an EDD of 2/4, which is also consistent with where he's measured at all other ultrasounds. They think he's roughly 3 pounds & 6 ounces on average plus or minus 8 ounces on either side which is also consistent with his gestation.

On to the midwife visit... again, she thinks he's right on track. I'm measuring at 32 weeks, but it's possible Owen just hit another growth spurt. He's still head down on my left side, face turned to the right, and his head is engaged pretty low for 30 weeks. His heartbeat was fantastic and everything is going along swimmingly. I'm exhausted because I'm not sleeping as well as I used to. My sciatica is here in full force and so if I am in one position for too long I get stiff, my side goes numb, and I can barely move. It sucks. It looks like it's back to the Pilates ball and prenatal massage for me. :)

Lastly, I finally added the link to my sidebar to guess Owen's birth stats. I would love your input on what you think will be Owen's birthday, time of birth, weight, & length. It's completely free and absolutely for fun. It will be interesting to see who guesses the closest. Aaron and I both think he will come on January 29th. We'll see!! The link in my sidebar should work, but just in case it doesn't, you can also go to www.expectnet.com and type the game name in the top left corner: owenisaiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment