"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Thursday, December 23, 2010

33 Weeks

How far along?: 33w3d
Total weight gain: Not sure, but I think it's somewhere around 23 pounds. I've been getting into the holiday eating spirit lately... ugh.
How big is baby?: A little over 4 pounds (the size of a pineapple) and 17 inches long.
Maternity clothes?: Yup.
Stretch marks?: About the same as last week. Old ones are itchy and irritated, but no new ones.
Sleep?: Same as last week... pretty close to non-existant due to frequent bathroom trips and overall discomfort.
Best moment this week?: Watching my kiddos opening their early Christmas presents from Nana Joan.
Movement?: Still depends on the day. He's running out of room so his movements are terribly uncomfortable to me. Rolling elbows and knees...not fun. :(
Food cravings?: Lately I've been stocking up on holiday sweets. I'm going to regret it later.
Labor signs?: Still about the same. Just lots of BH & some "real" contractions thrown in.
Belly button in or out?: Mostly in, but parts pop out on occasion.
What I miss: Being comfortable. I can't sit, eat, sleep (and definitely can't wrap Christmas presents) without wanting to curl up and die.
What I'm looking forward to: Being comfortable. I miss my non-pregnant body.
Weekly Wisdom: Get as much help as you can. Not that I use pregnancy as an excuse to be lazy, but I definitely cannot do it all myself and being huge & pregnant is a tiring daily task all on its own.
Milestone: According to BabyCenter, he's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal.

No comments:

Post a Comment