"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pregnancy & Little Sprout

I've journaled a little bit about my pregnancy, especially in the earlier stages, but it's been awhile since I've really done any updates (unless preggo brain has gotten the best of me, which is entirely possible). So, I decided to start doing weekly updates as long as I can remember. I have a book I fill in every week called "The Belly Book" that you journal in along with weekly belly photos, update with appointments, cravings, etc. I remember finding this book at Barnes and Noble shortly after I found out I was pregnant with Jayden back in 2007 and it's become a "tradition" for me to do one with each child after him. It's definitely fun to look back on, and maybe one day my kids will enjoy looking at it like I do. I've been doing really good about taking belly pictures, but I haven't actually been posting them anywhere. Eventually I'll send them in to Snapfish to print for "The Belly Book", the baby's scrapbook, and probably some for the baby book, but until then I suppose I could post the electronic versions here.

An aquaintence of mine, and fellow blogger, did a really neat weekly survey when she was pregnant with her son that I thought was cool, so I'm actually snatching that idea and using that along with my belly pictures to do an online "belly book" so to speak. So, starting now at 18 weeks pregnant, here are all of my past belly pictures and this week's survey. **I'm giving you fair warning that some of these preggo pictures are absolutely hideous!! I'm not the prettiest girl to look at as it is, but couple that with the late night "frumpy, pregnant mom" look and well, it'll scare you. This pregnancy has taken what beauty I did have and threw it out the window, so bear with me... and if your retinas are scarred for life after seeing these, I sincerely apologize (hey, at least I didn't take bare belly or half naked pics in my underwear and scare you off with my stretch marks!!). **
4 weeks

5 weeks

6 weeks

7 weeks

8 weeks

9 weeks

10 weeks

11 weeks

12 weeks

13 weeks

14 weeks
15 weeks

16 weeks

17 weeks

18 weeks

...oh and here is a picture of the red cabbage test I took a week or two ago. There's a lot of those wives tales about the pH of your urine depicting the sex of the baby. Last time I spent $30 on the Intelligender test which said Jaxson was a boy (which he obviously was), but I didn't want to spend that much money again knowing that the stats for the Intelligender test yield a lot of false boy results, especially on something that was just meant for fun. So, instead I did the much cheaper and safer red cabbage test and just bought a cabbage at the store and boiled it to get the juice. You mix equal parts red cabbage juice with urine and if it turns red or pink... it's a boy. Purple? It's a girl. What were my results?


Purple. Or at least that's what it looks like to me. We will know for sure in about 2 weeks!!

And... for the weekly survey:

How far along?: 18w1d today.
Total weight gain: About 7-8 pounds.
How big is baby?: According to BabyCenter, the baby is about the size of a sweet potato or bell pepper (5.6 inches & 6.7 ounces)
Maternity clothes?: Oh yes, with this being my third baby they are a must (and more comfy!)
Stretch marks?: Yes, but all from my prior pregnancies. No new ones...yet.
Sleep?: It's okay... except for when I have to get up and pee at 4am.
Best moment this week?: Baby's movement has progressed from wiggles & squirms to actual thumps and kicks. I can feel them both internally & externally now.
Movement?: Ha, see above. Lots of thumps & kicks. This baby is really reactive to food & loud noises. Aaron and I were playing a video game last night and baby was going WILD!!
Food cravings?: Nothing that stands out. I like to have eggs, hash browns, and toast for breakfast almost every day though.
Labor signs?: Nope, too early for that. I don't even have any Braxton Hicks at this point.
Belly button in or out?: In.
What I miss: Not peeing my pants when I cough, sneeze, or laugh. Babies destroy bladders.
What I'm looking forward to: Our next ultrasound on the 22nd and then our gender party on the 25th!
Weekly Wisdom: Make sure to document your pregnancies. Take lots of pictures and journal. It might sound corny at the time, but years afterwards you will be happy and grateful that you did...and it gives you something to share with your kids when they are older.
Milestone: I'm almost halfway there...woo hoo! Developmentally for Little Sprout, he/she is moving and flexing more often, blood vessels are visible through the skin, his/her ears are in their final position and all genetalia are completely formed & visible regardless of boy or girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment