"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

21 Weeks

How far along?: 21w2d
Total weight gain: I gained & then actually lost 1.5 pounds this week (no idea how) so I think I'm still around 10 pounds gained.
How big is baby?: About the size of a banana or carrot (about 12-13 ounces & 10.5 inches long).
Maternity clothes?: Most days yes, but I do have some regular clothes that work...
Stretch marks?: Still no new ones that I can tell.
Sleep?: Eh, about the same. I wake up a few times at night.
Best moment this week?: Buying Owen's coming home outfit & first blanky. :)
Movement?: Yup, he's a wiggler!
Food cravings?: Nope. No cravings really.
Labor signs?: Nope. I might feel an occasional Braxton Hicks, but they are few & far between.
Belly button in or out?: Still in. Probably will stay that way too.
What I miss: Not really sure... Sleeping through the whole night??
What I'm looking forward to: Shopping for Owen. I have a feeling that nesting will hit early and I am anal about being prepared. Moving with a baby a few weeks old with everything in boxes will flip my insanity switch!!
Weekly Wisdom: After my bout with a little bit of gender shock/disappointment that at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. I'm just grateful he's happy & healthy. The disappointment is temporary...loving your child is always and forever. At the same time, preggo hormones make us run the gamut of emotions and it's okay to feel whatever you are feeling. No one should make you feel bad for crying over anything, even if it's just for a minute.
Milestone: Baby's eyebrows & lids are present now & movements will change to full-fledged kicks & nudges.

No comments:

Post a Comment