"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Accountability & Tracking

Another quick update before I forget. I jumped on the scale this morning and noticed I was down another pound (or two... now I can't remember!) and am at 171.5 according to my scale. My goal is to get to 145 and stay in that general vicinity until I get pregnant again (which shouldn't be for another year). Tomorrow, Aaron and I are going shopping and I'm getting specific things for my new "menu". I'm going to restrict a lot from my diet in order to curb my cravings or at least find healthy substitutes. This will help me in my journey to a healthier and thinner Shannon. Each week I'm going to post a picture of my weight loss progress (I'm going to give a disclaimer right here and now that some of the images may scar you for life... I'm no supermodel. View at your own risk...pregnancy has contorted my body in ways I never imagined.) and write a little update.

Also, I've added a weight loss ticker to the bottom of my blog that I'm going to update weekly as well. I've currently only lost 5 pounds since I started this 2 weeks ago and I've got 27 to go. I'd like to lose the rest by spring so that I have at least a little while to enjoy my body before I get pregnant again. So here it goes... Wish me luck!! I'm going to need it. Seriously.

Since I'm at work, I can't post my "before" picture right now, but I can at least add my starting and current stats/measurements:

STARTING (mid-October)
Weight: 177 (pathetic, I know)
Waist: 35 inches
BMI: 24.7

CURRENT- 10/29
Weight: 172 (-5 pounds)
Waist: 34 inches (-1 inch)
BMI: 24.0

No comments:

Post a Comment