"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Friday, April 3, 2009

Oh happy day!!

So I had my 39 week OB appointment this morning (only ONE WEEK left until my due date...WOW!) and everything went great. I added some sugar to my Cheerios this morning so Jaxson was hoppin' for all his tests. :) He passed with flying colors. They got all the movements and measurements needed for the non-stress test and biophysical profile. He's a good, happy, and healthy baby!

Then my OB checked my cervix. I told her about all the "symptoms" I'd been having and that it feels like I'm getting closer since I remember the same things with Jayden. I've made progress!!! I'm now a complete 3cm and 80% effaced. Jax is at a -1 station still, so he's almost fully engaged. As my OB puts it, I'm teetering on the edge and all I need is a push...just one thing to send me right over. Best bet I'll be hitting up hubby for some prostaglandin treatments this weekend. :) And some really long walks with Jayden in the stroller. :) She stripped my membranes (which didn't hurt nearly as much as when I had them done with Jayden...in fact I had to ask her if she was going to and she said she already did!) and here I am sitting at work with the normal cramping, but I'm also losing pieces of my mucus plug...YAY!!! I've never been so happy to see bloody, snotty goo. Haha!

I have doctor's appointments on Monday and next Friday (my due date). Doctor said she may see me on Monday but would be surprised if I made it until next Friday. My feeling is that he will be here by next Wednesday so we will see. AH!! I could be a mommy again in under a week!!! I'm so excited to meet my new little man and I cannot wait to see Jayden with his baby brother! :) Melts my heart just thinking about it.

Well, I'm going to take my giddy butt for a walk and get off my birthing ball for a while. I'm so happy I could do cartwheels in the hallway!! Hmmm, maybe THAT will be the thing to push me over the edge... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment