"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -- A. Schwindt

"We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open."
Harry Edwards

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him."
Pablo Casals

"God created boys full of spirit and fun. To explore and conquer, to romp and run."

Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm still here... I promise!

It's been a week since I last posted, but as you can imagine I have my hands full with a newborn and a 16 month old.

All is going well with Jaxson here. Jayden LOVES his baby brother! He's constantly giving him kisses and hugs and saying "baby". He is a bit upset that he doesn't get as much "Mommy time" as he used to but he does pretty good. I try to make sure I set aside time for him with just me too.

Jax is my little "booby baby" as I call him. He is either eating, sleeping, or pooping...which is common for a week old baby, but he loves his Mom and knows who feeds him. :) He spends a lot of time attached to me. He's pretty good about eating every 2-3 hours during the day, but he then marathon feeds from about 7pm to midnight when we finally settle in for bed (the night time routine with both boys has proved to be the biggest adjustment thus far). However, he's a GREAT sleeper at night and I have yet to have him wake me in the middle of the night. I'm actually the one waking HIM up to feed because otherwise my poor boobs feel like they'd explode! We usually wake up around 8am for the day.

We have to go back into the doctor on Friday for a lactation check-up because they want to make sure he's gaining appropriately. He was 6 pounds and 6 ounces last Friday, so even though he lost more than they wanted to see, he is still gaining. All other check-ups have been passed beautifully and he's just a healthy, but small little boy. And he lights up my life just like his big brother. :)

As for me? Recovery has been good and fast. Still slightly sore, but I haven't had to take any meds for recovery and I'm steadily losing the baby weight. Only 10 more pounds until I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I can also fit into quite a few of my regular outfits. :) Still adjusting to the new night routine, but I get a great amount of sleep so I can't complain. :)

I'll post more pictures when I can. Off to feed my "Booby Baby"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment